Wednesday

Defining Sjogren's Syndrome

The Free Online Dictionary defines Sjogren's Syndrome as "A chronic inflammation of the lachrymal and salivary glands, often accompanied by rheumatoid arthritis and the presence of autoantibodies in the blood, occurring chiefly among women."

The Online Medical Dictionary says it's "An immunologic disorder characterised by progressive destruction of the exocrine glands (sweat glands, lacrimal glands, salivary glands). Symptoms include dry eyes, dry mouth, persistant cough (dry airways) and lack of saliva."

The lachrymal glands are the glands that produce tears and the salivary glands are those that produce saliva.

Does your Sjogren's affect your eyes and your mouth?
Do you have a persistant cough?
Do you have rheumatoid arthritis?

3 comments:

  1. My dry cough is driving me nuts....I am drinking water by the gallons and it is awful... it disturbs everyone around me, including me. I have it all the time but it is just worse at others. I am constantly clearing my throat also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I have any part NOT affected by my Sjogrens. My entire GI tract, urinary sytems, nerves(and not just the pyschological ones, balance, nose, eras, mouth, nails, skin, pain and more pain, fatigue upon more fatigue, muscl aches joint pain and on and in , and the the dryness. Most people have no idea the seriousness of Sjogrens. Little dryness Bah hum bug I say just the Grinch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it is important to know about the symptoms and possible herbal treatment options, such as extra Natural Herbs for Sjogren’s Syndrome, such as rheum rhabarbarum, ginger, vitamin E, and others.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...